Sunday, December 6, 2009

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Santa Claus

Day 6 of the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories made possible by Geneabloggers.

December 6 - Santa Claus
Did you ever send a letter to Santa? Did you ever visit Santa and “make a list?” Do you still believe in Santa Claus?

I love Santa! The only reason to celebrate Christmas and get presents is Santa. I still believe in Santa and sent him a letter just yesterday. That's the first letter I remember sending to Santa. I'm sure that I wrote some in school growing up or at home, but I really don't have a memory of them. I remember more of my Christmas lists from after my parents kicked Santa out of the house and bought our presents themselves. Presents are a lot less fun when you know what you are getting and go shopping for them yourself.

When we were in college, my brother and I would always want to take our picture with Santa and give it to our parents. But my husband would never let us. (He also says that Santa can't give me any presents because he can't get in our house because we don't have a chimney. But I keep telling him that Santa will find a way.)

1 comment:

  1. Tell your husband - and I heard this directly from Santa - that he uses the door when there is no chimney.

    ReplyDelete