Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Christmas Cookies

Day 8 of my Christmas memories for the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories made possible by Geneabloggers.

December 8 - Christmas Cookies
Did your family or ancestors make Christmas Cookies? How did you help? Did you have a favorite cookie?

I don't remember making many cookies when I was little. There were always Christmas cookies around, I just don't remember anyone baking them.

What I do remember were the awesome cookies that my mom's entire family would buy from Miss Alice's Cookies in Norwood, Ohio. There were so many different varieties: almond crescents covered in powdered sugar, red and green sugar cookies shaped like wreathes, oatmeal cookies, and chocolate stars are the ones I remember most. Unfortunately, when we went to get cookies a few years back the store was gone. I miss those cookies. They were the best.

When I got married, I started baking my own Christmas cookies. I have made the almond crescents, but they just aren't the same. I can never get enough powdered sugar to stick to them to make them taste just right. I made tins of cookies for my brother and parents.

And I really wish I could get some of those Christmas stars again.

No comments:

Post a Comment