Friday, December 11, 2009

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Other Traditions

Day 11 of my Christmas memories for the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories made possible by Geneabloggers.
I wish that I knew what traditions that my ancestors brought with them from their home countries. Unfortunately I don't and I don't think they have been carried forward into my own family.

Growing up I was friends with people of many different faiths and knew some about their traditions, but never celebrated with them. We learned about all the different December holidays in school, but not much. Today working with many English Language Learners in the schools where I substitute has given me a greater understanding of the traditions of many different cultures. I just need to learn more about the ones that my ancestors practiced.

No comments:

Post a Comment