Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Sweetheart Memories

Day 23 of my mom and dad's Christmas memories for the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories made possible by Geneabloggers.

December 23 - Christmas Sweetheart Memories
Do you have a special memory of a first Christmas present from a sweetheart? How did you spend your first Christmas together? Any Christmas engagements or weddings among your ancestors?

So I don't remember what my husband gave for our first Christmas, so I asked him. He told me that he gave me a bracelet. That's probably right. I still have it somewhere but never wear it. He has since learned and this year for Christmas (I already got my presents), I received a hard drive and speakers.

Our first Christmas was spent hundreds of miles apart. I was in the Cincinnati area and he was in the Philadelphia area. We were home with our parents during Ohio State's winter break and exchanged presents when we were back in Columbus.

Our first Christmas together was several years later when I traveled to his parents' house for Christmas. That was the only Christmas we have spent there (and the only one we ever will).

This year's Christmas celebration will be spent at the Chinese Buffet!

No comments:

Post a Comment