Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December Genealogy To Dos

Yesterday I wrapped up my November to do list. I did pretty well last month and can only hope for more of the same this crazy month. Two weeks of winter break should do wonders for my to do list (if I just have the motivation).

For December I want to:
  • Finish sourcing ECK line.
  • Create a sharable CD of my ECK side for my dad to view. I'm trying this out in Rootsmagic and will have some posts about my experiences soon.
  • Research my new STULL lines from Canada.
  • Talk to my grandma and get all the birth and marriage dates for my aunts, uncles and cousins. For some reason I never completed this for that side of the family.
  • Renew membership to National Genealogical Society and Indiana Genealogical Society.
  • Work on POTTER and RICKETTS lines that are sitting on my desk.
That's about it for this month and year. I want to get myself to a good place to start resourcing my last line (my grandmother's BASCOM line, which is about the size of the other three combined). I really need to get everything off my desk/computer and filed away for the other families. I really don't have too much (at least not compared to everyone else), but I still need to work on filing before researching (even though searching and discovering are way more fun).

What are your goals to finish off 2009? Leave a comment or send me an email to genwishlist@gmail.com. I hope that I can get more people to start working and posting their monthly genealogy to do lists in 2010.

2 comments:

  1. Tina,

    I LOVE your to do lists! It is such a great idea. Maybe I'll join you in 2010!
    ~Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina,

    I wish I were disciplined enought to keep up a to-do list! But, you are an inspiration and I will attempt it again for 2010.

    I also have a RICKETTS line I need to work on. She married a BASKIN - very similar to BASCOM.

    Joanne
    www.RelativelySpeaking.TV

    ReplyDelete