Friday, January 15, 2010

Follow Friday: AnceStories

In this week's Follow Friday post I would like to highlight Miriam Robbins Midkiff's AnceStories. Miriam offers great tips and resources for all genealogists. Her Online Historical Directories and Online Historical Newspapers sites deserve their own Follow Friday posts for all the great resources that she has collected in one place.

Here are just a few of the great things you can find on Miriam's blog:
  • Her series "Getting More Traffic to Your Blog" highlights great tips for getting more readers on your blog.
  • She has started a series for 2010 called "52 Weeks of Online American Digital Archives and Databases." She has already highlighted online resources for Alabama and Alaska. (I can't wait until she does Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania where most of my ancestors lived.)
  • Miriam hosts the Scanfest where everyone can come together to scan their photos and discuss their finds. I hope that these continue in 2010 and that I can find some photos to scan so I can finally participate!
Go check out AnceStories for yourself. I can't wait for the new series of tips called "Frugal Genealogy" that is coming soon. (I know we can all learn some tips for saving money!)

1 comment: