Saturday, February 20, 2010

Winter 2010 GeneaBlogger Games - Day 8 Recap

Last night I found that FamilySearch had added images for the Norfolk, England parish registers to their pilot site. Finally the parish where my ancestors lived was available. So I have spent several hours searching through these records. Most of today I focused on the family of Caroline RICE and found her mother's name, Sarah WATSON, and all of her brothers and sisters. Then I finally found Sarah and her husband John in the census (too many John's to do it before).

My husband was also kind enough to go with me to the cemetery down the road from us. I attempted to complete a photo request from Find A Grave, but the stone that we think was the right one was covered with snow and ice. My husband suggested getting the scapper out of the car and taking care of it, but the look I gave him took care of that idea.

I was able to take several other photos and added them to Find A Grave. I think this summer when I need out of the house I will attempt to take photos of every stone in this cemetery (Bowers Cemetery in Fort Wayne, Indiana). I added George W and Laura E Miller, James and Corrilla Evard, William M and Laura A Andrews and Berniece M Bickel.

But now I need to find a different researcher to help with a lookup. Anyone need something from the Allen County Public Library?

Here are my standings in the Winter 2010 GeneaBlogger Games:

1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources - Double Platinum Medal. I actually added some more today, but going for Triple Platinum may be a little too overachieving even for me.

2. Back Up Your Data - Gold Medal.

3. Organize Your Research - Gold Medal.

4. Expand Your Knowledge - Gold Medal.

5. Write, Write, Write! - Gold Medal.

6. Reach Out and Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness - Completed Task B (Add Find A Grave photo) and now have a Diamond Medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment