Thursday, February 25, 2010

Winter 2010 GeneaBlogger Games - Days 11, 12 & 13 Recaps

Sickness and work have left little time for these games. But I have made some progress today. I wrote a timeline of my great grandmother, Alice Susan HILLIS' life. I plan to use write a series of articles about her life next week for the Carnival of Genealogy.

Here are my standings in the Winter 2010 GeneaBlogger Games:

1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources - Double Platinum Medal.

2. Back Up Your Data - After reading the posts of Linda at Documenting the Details and Granny Pam at Granny's Genealogy I have decided that since I can recover from a disaster without losing more than a month's worth of data I deserve the Platinum Medal. I don't have documents that need secured because I scan everything and have few originals.

3. Organize Your Research - I also see that John at Transylvania Dutch has interpreted the rules like I was thinking of doing. Since I have organized 90 digital files that counts as 4 medals. I have probably done more since that tally, but combined with 2 other tasks, I am giving myself a Platinum Medal.

4. Expand Your Knowledge - Completed Task B for a Diamond Medal.

5. Write, Write, Write! - Gold Medal.

6. Reach Out and Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness - Finally sent in my registration to the Ohio Genealogical Society's Conference and became a member of their society. Completing Task F gives me a Platinum Medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment