In a final push to get all my medals for the Winter 2010 GeneaBlogger Games, I was pretty successful. Here are my final standings:
1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources - Double Platinum Medal.
2. Back Up Your Data - Platinum Medal
3. Organize Your Research - Platinum Medal
4. Expand Your Knowledge - Platinum Medal
Today I completed my final task: "Task D: Visit tutorial and learning pages of popular websites such as Ancestry.com or FamilySearch’s excellent articles repository." I have used these in the pasts, but looked through them again. Ancestry's article "Research Cornerstones: Plan Your Attack" by Donn Devine is a great article and an area in my research where I need to work harder.
5. Write, Write, Write! - Platinum Medal.
Today I finished 2 tasks. I reviewed and edited my blog's "About" page that I wrote a few weeks ago for Task A. Then I wrote a short bio of my great grandmother and submitted it along with a photo of her holding me dad when he was a fat baby to the 21st Smile for the Camera. That completed Tasks D and B. So I guess I really completed 3 tasks.
6. Reach Out and Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness - Finally sent in my registration to the Ohio Genealogical Society's Conference and became a member of their society. Completing Task F gives me a Platinum Medal.