Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Life of Alice HILLIS - Her death

This concludes my series The Life of Alice Susan HILLIS, my great grandmother.

Alice's husband Dewey Francis BASCOM died 2 Jun 1975 at Mercy Hospital in Anderson, Hamilton county, Ohio. He was 77 years old.
The top portion of Dewey's funeral card.

Four years later, Alice died on 31 Jul 1979 in Deer Park, Hamilton county, Ohio. She was 83 years old.

For some reason she is listed in both the Ohio and Kentucky death indexes. I have yet to order her death certificates. I believe that she was living in Kentucky at the time with her son, but died in a Cincinnati hospital. For some reason, the family reported her death to Kentucky.

This is a portion of her obituary.

Alice and Dewey are buried in Arlington Memorial Garden in Kenwood, Hamilton county, Ohio. I still need to get a photo of their tombstone.

That concludes my series on the life of Alice Susan HILLIS. I hope you have enjoyed this series and I hope to do more in the future.

Note: I did not include full portions of Dewey's funeral card or Alice's obituary because they list their two daughters who are still living.

4 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading. People's lives fascinate me and I love to her their stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a really nice job with Alice's story Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina,
    I really enjoyed reading about Alice. I am always surprised when reading about other folks' history, how similar the names and places, especially in that Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio area. I am almost to say -- "hey, do you think Alice knew ..." Thanks for a well done series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well well researched, Tina. I enjoyed meeting Alice and I loved your favorite photo of her and your great-grandfather. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete