Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Life of Alice HILLIS - Her Parent's Deaths

This is part of my series The Life of Alice Susan HILLIS, my great grandmother.

Alice and Dewey had a happy moment on their wedding day on 10 January 1917.

But 3 months later on 31 March 1917, Alice's father died in Rising Sun, Ohio county, Indiana. George E HILLIS was 59 years old and died from valvular heart disease.

Two years later, Alice had to deal with the death of her mother. Mary Susan WASHBURN died 19 Apr 1919 in Cincinnati, Hamilton county, Ohio from a septic infection.

Their death records both state that they were buried in Rising Sun, Ohio county, Indiana. I have found no mention of their grave. I believe that the family did not have money for a gravestone from things that my grandmother has told me.

Next time we will look find more tragedy in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment