Monday, May 10, 2010

Summer of Genealogy Wishes - Guest Bloggers Wanted

This summer I plan on doing a blog post each week that features one thing the genealogy community wants and needs in order to do better research. I'm calling it The Summer of Genealogy Wishes. But I am going to need your help.

When I started this blog, I intended to use it as a place to voice what I wanted for my own genealogy. Some months I have a lot to say and others not so much. What I would like to do this summer is get back to discussing what our genealogy wishes are.

Here's where I need your assistance. I would like to have one guest blogger a week discuss their own genealogy wishes. I'd love to see topics on education, societies, technology, social networking, lecture ideas and techniques, databases, web sites, and anything else you can desire for the genealogy world. Although we all have a genealogy wish list of bricks walls we want broken and burned records we want restored, that is not what I am looking for in this series. (Maybe we will do that series next!) I'd like to focus this series on things that we want to help us do better research.

If you would like to volunteer to write a guest post on your genealogy wishes, please send me an email to genwishlist@gmail.com. Let me know what topic or topics you would be interested in discussing. I would like to see a wide variety of topics (I know we all don't want to read the same things over and over again.) I'll let you know when I would like to publish your piece and which of your topics I would like you to use.

I encourage everyone to consider writing a guest post. The success of this series will depend on all of you. Depending on how many people are willing to write a piece the series may be once a month this summer or every week to the end of the year. I hope to give everyone a chance to voice their genealogy desires.

This summer I hope we can express our genealogy wishes and find ways to make them a reality!

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of my very first seven blogs, they were guest blogs! I saw how easy it was to write something, that, soon after I began my own. However, these bloggers never did a guest blog for me, so you don't always get it in return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara and everyone else,
    I am very willing to write a guest post for your blogs in return. Just let me know what kind of topic you are looking for and we can work something out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need any posts on people searching?

    ReplyDelete