Thursday, July 15, 2010

52 Weeks to Better Genealogy - Challenge 28 - Patents and Trademarks

Challenge 28 of 52 Weeks to Better Genealogy written by Amy Coffin is:

Spend some time with patents and trademarks. If necessity is the mother of invention, genealogists will want to find her parents. Visit the United States Patent and Trademark Office web site (those outside the U.S. can visit their own nations’ sites). You may also try Google Patent Search. Input the search terms of your choice and study the results. Don’t try to do genealogy research during this challenge, just test the different ways this tool may come in handy in your research. Bloggers, what are your impressions of these sites. Have you found them useful?

I have used Google's Patent search in the past. There I was able to find 2 patents from my dad's work at GE:

1 comment:

  1. Tina, I am impressed. Did you show your dad this? I bet you enjoyed doing this challenge.

    ReplyDelete