Monday, July 26, 2010

Grave Hopping with My Mom - Part One

Earlier this month, I visited my parents and took my mom cemetery hopping to find the graves of our ancestors. We visited 3 cemeteries in 2 days.

First we visited Mount Moriah Cemetery in Union township, Clermont county, Ohio. We visited on Monday, July 5 which meant that the office was closed for the 4th of July holiday. My mom said that she remembered her grandparents' gravestone being by a road and faced the highway. So we drove around a little bit and eventually found it.

William Francis Elvey Suckling was born 10 Aug 1897 in Merritton, Lincoln county, Ontario, Canada. He died 17 Nov 1976 in Lancaster, Fairfield county, Ohio.

Anne Elizabeth Stull was born 20 May 1898 in Niagara, Lincoln county, Ontario, Canada. She died 16 Feb 1858 in Cincinnati, Hamilton county, Ohio when my mom was just 5 years old. My mom remembers visiting her grave on the way to visit her grandfather.

After visiting Mount Moriah Cemetery, we traveled to Mount Washington Cemetery to look for the Washburns.

No comments:

Post a Comment