So here are some of my goals:
- Order FHL films for wills and probate records of my Indiana ancestors. I plan to order the first one this week. So I didn't order my first films until the middle of the month. They are finally at ACPL and I will look at the first set later today.
- Order death certificates for my ancestors. I read somewhere (unfortunately I don't remember where) that vital records are in lots of danger from laws that keep them hidden. So I am going to attempt to get as many death records as I can this summer just in case laws change. I ordered one from Pennsylvania that I haven't seen yet and two from Indiana. The first one arrived and helped me solve my brick wall (Actually it just pushed it back a generation, but I was still excited.)
- Work on new indexing project. After finishing my Vevay Newspaper Index, I have been looking for something else for Switzerland and Ohio county, Indiana researchers. I have decided to compile a list of all the census enumerators in these counties. It's a field that many people do not look at on the census form when they search for their ancestors and I hope I find some of my ancestors during this time. I did this but have yet to post it online.
- Read my genealogy books. Working on it.
- Work on National Institute of Genealogical Studies course. I will be working on the Analysis and Skills Mentoring Program-Part 2. I started it, but haven't really dived in yet. It is my last course in the intermediate course set. I'm having the hardest time working on this class. I don't know why. I did a few of the assignments but haven't made it to the first consultation yet.
- Write at least 3 ancestor profiles. This is part of my 2010 resolutions. Haven't thought about.
- Visit my ancestor's graves in the Cincinnati area. Haven't found a good time to go down there.
- Borrow more photos from my grandma's house to scan. See above.
- And the big finale for the summer will be attending the 2010 FGS conference in Knoxville, Tennessee. I really want to do this task. Too bad I have to wait.