Here were my summer goals:
- Order FHL films for wills and probate records of my Indiana ancestors. I have found lots of my ancestors' wills in the first batch of microfilm that I received. I'm still waiting on the next batch. I hope to get through all the wills by the end of the month and slowly work on the probate records throughout the fall.
- Order death certificates for my ancestors. I have received 3 death certificates from Indiana and have another one in the mail. Still waiting on the one I ordered from Pennsylvania.
- Read my genealogy books. I did read a little bit more, but I wasn't in a good reading mood in July.
- Work on National Institute of Genealogical Studies course. I will be working on the Analysis and Skills Mentoring Program-Part 2. I turned in my third assignment and will do my first consultation later this month.
- Write at least 3 ancestor profiles. This is part of my 2010 resolutions. Expect to see these in August (because I haven't worked on them yet).
- Visit my ancestor's graves in the Cincinnati area. I did this at the beginning of July.
- Borrow more photos from my grandma's house to scan. I haven't gotten any new photos, but I did start going through my grandfather's 8mm films. I've posted some of these on Youtube.
- And the big finale for the summer will be attending the 2010 FGS conference in Knoxville, Tennessee. So excited to go! But first I am off this week with my parents to visit my grandparents in central Pennsylvania.