Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fall Genealogy Goals

After an exciting summer, it's time for the temperatures to start cooling off and the days to get shorter. Fall means that I have to go back to work, so there will be less genealogy research. But I do have a lot of things I want to get done. Here are my genealogy goals for this fall:
  • Make DVDs of my grandfather's 8mm films for the family. (I finished making copies of them and now I need to do some editing and production work.)
  • Finish National Institute of Genealogical Studies course - Analysis and Skills - Part 2
  • Write some ancestor profiles. I have 3 or 4 that are ready to go if I would just write them.
  • Participate in Family History Month at ACPL.
  • Read genealogy books
  • Enter information found on trip to Williamsport, Pennsylvania into my database.
  • Finish work in Toledo City Directories for husband's line.
So there is my list. What's on yours?

5 comments:

  1. I plan on squeezing in one more cemetery trip in October but most of this winter needs to be spent scanning photos and letters I have in my possession and adding them to my database. I hope putting this in writing will give me the motivation I need to get the job done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of goals, Tina! I'm jealous about Family History month at ACPL. You'll have to let us know what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina, great goals and I'm sure you'll be able to work through them even though you're going back to work! I plan to get back to work on the Godwin DNA studies. It got a little out of hand for me last year and I plan to keep it better organized (for me at least) this year. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My main goal is to make some research progress during my trip to Greenville, SC. I'm also entering data on my last known set of great-great grandparents, so progress in that area would be nice, too. Your system of setting and reviewing progress on goals is excellent - very disciplined!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list. Fall is the time for genealogy. You've inspired me to make my own list.

    ReplyDelete