Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Book Recommendations

I've kicked my reading into overdrive this past fall and have been finally putting a dent into my Amazon wish list. For the most part I have been borrowing the books from the library and purchasing just a few. I've found some wonderful books recently that I have wanted to share with others. So I created an Amazon store front to showcase some of the books that other genealogists might be interested in reading.

This was really easy to put together. I created three categories of books: fiction books with genealogy themes, nonfiction books about genealogy research (like memoirs and histories) and genealogy how-to books. All the ordering goes through Amazon. My "store" is really just a set of links to Amazon items. I don't see what you order and I don't fill the orders. But if you order a book through the link, I will get a small percentage of your purchase.

You can order the book through Amazon. Or you can borrow it from your local library. Or purchase it from your favorite local book store. Or purchase an ebook for your ereader. Or borrow it from a friend. It doesn't matter to me how you read it. My goal is just to make available a list of books that I have read and want others to check out.

I added a tab at the top of the blog to allow easy access to the store. I'll be updating it frequently as I continue to find new books that may interest genealogists.

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to put a recommended reading list together too, Tina. Glad to see how you chose to do it here. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina - Search for the Shadowman (link to my review) is a children's book you might want to add to your fiction category.

    ReplyDelete