Thursday, February 3, 2011

Will of William B SANDERS

The last will and Testament of William B Sanders deceased

Know all men by these presents that I William B Sanders of Switzerland County, Indiana, do make this my last will and Testament as follows.

Item 1. I devise to my son George W Sanders the following real estate in said County of Switzerland towit. The farm on which I now reside and which a purchased of Sidney Robinson and which now conveyed to me by Deed dated August 31, 1849, and which is Recorded in the office of the Recorder of said County in Book O page 569, and also the crops which may be growing or being on the same at my decease, but the said land and crops are devised to him upon the condition subsequent. That he shall pay or  cause to be paid all my just debts and funeral expenses, except as hereinafter named.

Item 2. I give and devise to Harry, Cora, and Jessie Sanders children of my deceased son Joshua Sanders forty acres of Land, being the South half of the North half of the South west quarter of Section 27 Township 3 of Range 2 west in said County of Switzerland.

Item 3. I give and devise to my son Edwin Sanders, the South west quarter of said Section 27, excepting said last named piece. Thereof, and excepting also forty acres on the North side Thereof owned by my son George W Sanders, said part so devised supposed to contain seventy two acres – If any of the purchase money for said land shall be unpaid at my decease. The Said Edwin is to pay the same.

Item 4. I bequeath to my daughter Viletta Archer wife of William Archer twenty dollars, and to my Grand children Viletta Sanders and Richard Sanders children of my son Richard H Sanders the sum of five dollars each.

Item 5. I appoint my said Son George W Sanders Executor of this my last will and Testament, and hereby revoke all former wills by me at any time heretofore made.

            In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand this 12th day of August AD 1872

Attested by                                                                            William B [his x mark] Sanders
Jackson Goodner
Alex C Downey

State of Indiana Switzerland County SS
            Before the Judge of the Circuit Court of Switzerland County Indiana personally came Jackson Goodner one of the subscribing witnesses to the foregoing last will and testament of William B Sanders late of said County deceased, and being duly sworn on oath says that he was present at the execution of said last will that the same was duly executed, that at the time of the execution Thereof said Testator was of fully age to devise his property, of sound mind and memory, and not under any coercion or restraint. That said Testator requested him to sign said will as witness Thereto, which he accordingly did in the presence of Testator, and in the presence of Alex C Downey the other subscribing witness thereto.
                                                                                                Jackson Goodner
Subscribed and Sworn to before me this 26 day of March 1875                                                                                                                                            J H Netherland clerk

State of Indiana Switzerland County SS
            I J H Netherland Clerk of the Circuit Court of said County do hereby certify that the above and foregoing last will and testament of William B Sanders late of said County State of Indiana deceased, was this day duly admitted to Probate and record, and the proof thereof duly made by Jackson Goodner one of the subscribing witnesses thereto, which said will together with such proof have been duly recorded in record of wills No 3 pages 334 & 335 in This office.
            Witness my hand and the Seal of said Court at Vevay this 26 day of March 1875                                                                                                 J H Netherland Clerk

The State of Indiana Switzerland County Sct
            I Joseph H Netherland Clerk of the Switzerland Circuit Court do certify the above and foregoing to be a true, full and complete record of the last will and testament of William B Sanders deceased, late of Said County and also of the proof thereof and certificate of probate endorsed thereon               
                        Witness my hand this 26th day of March in the year of our Lord 1875
                                                                                    J H Netherland Clerk

Switzerland county, Indiana, Will Records, Circuit Court, volume 3, page 334-5, Will of William B Sanders; FHL microfilm 1310447

No comments:

Post a Comment