Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Goals - June Update

At the beginning of June, I set my genealogy goals for the summer. Here's an update on what I accomplished in June.

Here are my summer goals:

  • Original Records
    • Order FHL microfilm for Eiswerth line in Germany and probate records for Switzerland (and maybe) Ohio Counties in Indiana. Have ordered some of both, lots more to go through.
    • Download marriage images from FamilySearch for Ohio marriages in my family tree and husband's tree. Finished my tree except for Gallia County because it is not yet available. Working on husband's tree now. I find it an easy goal to do at least one image a day.
    • Research trips to Rabbit Hash, Kentucky; Spring Grove Cemetery in Cincinnati, Ohio; Butler County, Ohio Archive; Indiana State Library. I visited the Indiana State Library last week. 
  • Scanning
    • Finish scanning Suckling slides (only 28 more boxes to go). So I kind of finished this. As in I scanned the 28 boxes that I knew were there. But then my mom found a whole lot more.
    • Scan slides and photos in parents' collection. Have not done yet.
  • Education
  • Writing
    • Blog more. I did blog more than I have been, but I still need to get back in the groove.
    • Profiles on Switzerland County ancestors for blog and Indiana Genealogical Society. I wrote up one on Robert Bruce Bascom, more to come.
    • Work on Eiswerth surname book. I did a rough, rough, rough draft. Will work on it more this month with my German church records.
  • Stuff I should have finished in May
    • Switzerland County cemetery photos online and indexed. Done!
    • Finish transcribing/translating records for husband's Alsace line. Done! (It still counts that I gave up on transcribing and translating them all and just added the dates and images to my database, right?)
So there's where I stand on my summer goals. I'm not doing too bad since I split everything up into small pieces. How are you doing with your goals?

1 comment:

  1. I am also spending the day with Elizabeth Shown Mills next month. It will be good to finally cross the path of my northern Indiana Hoosier pal. Of course, can't resist taking advantage of being at the KY Historical Society, State Archives, & Land Office, so we are going couple days early. be good to see you!

    ReplyDelete