Monday, September 12, 2011

Will of Valentine Blitz


LAST WILL OF Valentine Blitz

I, Valentine Blitz of Williamsport, County of Lycoming, and State of Pennsylvania, being of sound mind and memory, do make this my last will and testament, hereby revoking all wills by me at any time heretofore made.

First: I direct that all my just debts and funeral expenses shall be paid by my Executors herein after named, as soon after my death as convenient.

Second: I devise to my daughter Anne, her heirs and assigns my house and lot on Hughes Street, in the City of Williamsport, said County, which said lot is bounded on the South by said Hughes Street, on the west by lot sold by me to Charles Snyder, on the North by Roberts Alley, and on the East by lot of Mrs Zeviesell. This devise is made upon condition, that she, the said Anne, pay to my other six children each the sum of one hundred twenty five and 57/100 dollars, within two years after my death, without interest for the first year, and with interest at four percent, for the second year. These payments of one hundred twenty five and 57/100 dollars to each of my said six children are hereby charged upon the above described real estate and herein devised to my said daughter Anne.

Third, I give all my household goods to my said daughter Anne, as she has earned a good part of the money with which many of articles of these household goods were bought. But she shall give to my son Adam any one of the beds with bedding which may be in my house at the time of my death, whenever said Adam shall get married. And the said Anne shall also give to my daughter Maria any one of the beds with bedding, which may be in my house at the my death, whenever said Maria shall get married.

Fourth: My son William owes me the sum of nine hundred and fifty dollars, which sum less one seventh of the same he is to pay to my executors, and of the six sevenths so paid to my executors, he is not to have any share in the distribution of the residue and remainder of my Estate.

Fifth: All the residue and remainder of my estate, real, personal and mixed of whatever kind or nature, or wherever situate, I give and bequeath to my seven children, share and share alike, except that my son William is not to have any part of the amount to be paid by him to my executors, as provided in paragraph “Fourth” hereof.

I hereby appoint my said daughter Anne and my son-in-law Frank Gaus, executors of my last will.

Dated at Williamsport the 9” day of December A.D. 1897.
Valentine Blitz {Seal}

Signed, sealed, published and declared by Valentine Blitz the testator above named, as and for his last will and testament in the presence of us, who in his presence, and in the presence of each other, and at his request, have hereunto set our names as witnesses.
F. Deedmeyer
D. J Durwachter

Citation:
Valentine Blitz (1898), Will Book: volume 9, page 153-4; Lycoming County Genealogical Society Library, Williamsport, Pennsylvania.

No comments:

Post a Comment