I've started a project cleaning up my database. Whenever I finish a letter of the alphabet, I'll write a blog post to report about what I learned about the surnames that start with that letter.
This morning I finished all the random K surnames in my database. I had one direct surname line of Kavcic, but since they Americanized their name to Couchie, I took care of them when I cleaned up the letter C.
These updates seem to be in a funk. No interesting ancestors giving me new leads in the last few letters. But now we are onto the letter L and the Lampman family that I just found a bunch of new information on in the Upper Canada Land Patents that are now scanned and online at the Library and Archives Canada. I guess that means I should finish working on those.
By page count of my index, I'm now over halfway through cleaning up all the individuals in my database. But I still need to clean up L and M before I'm halfway through the alphabet.