Monday, April 9, 2012

Cleaning Up The Letter P

I've started a project cleaning up my database. Whenever I finish a letter of the alphabet, I'll write a blog post to report about what I learned about the surnames that start with that letter.


I finished cleaning up the P surnames in my genealogy database today (although I would have much rather been working on the brick wall that I smashed yesterday. More to come on that.)


I was able to have one new finding. Dwight Washburn married Nancy Paulk in 1833 in Athens County, Ohio. I lost them after the 1850 census when they resided in Lee County, Iowa. But another search for Dwight pulled up his entry in the 1860 mortality schedule for Bourbon County, Kansas. Then I was able to find Nancy and their children and track her to Missouri.


Now on to the letter R (with one less brick wall).

No comments:

Post a Comment