- Covertly Gathering Family Stories - Part 1
- Covertly Gathering Family Stories - Part 2
- Covertly Gathering Family Stories - Part 3
Each week I edited the stories submitted that week together and sent it back to my family for review. Sometimes I would get a few corrections or even a few more stories. By the fall, I had 29 Word documents that needed to be corralled into chapters and finally into a book.
In the end, I had a 100 page book with 15 chapters. The chapters were:
- The Eiswerth Family (summaries of the main characters in the book)
- Eiswerth Homes
- Eiswerth, Reeder and Shaw (my grandfather's construction company)
- Running the Eiswerth Home (stories of my grandmother's struggles raising 7 children, gardening and cleaning)
- Fun and Games
- Childhood Trouble (yes they needed a whole chapter for this)
- Illnesses and Injuries
- Pets (also know as dinner)
- Other Stories
- Sayings (a list of things my grandparents said to their children and when they said them)
I've received many positive comments about the book. My grandmother read stories that she had never heard before and I'm sure some of the children will be in trouble the next time they see her. My aunt says that I know too much about the family now. And my cousins are excited to read the stories and can't stop reading. I'm glad that I took the time last year to preserve these stories for years to come.