For those that don't know, I'm Publicity Chair for the Federation of Genealogical Societies' 2013 Conference and I live in Fort Wayne, Indiana. So I might be a little biased that FGS 2013 is coming to Fort Wayne, August 21-24.
I'll also be giving two presentations during the conference. On Wednesday, August 21, I'll be presenting "Social Media for Our Societies." On Saturday, August 24, my session is titled, "History and Records of Indiana's Gore." (No blood, but we will play a game.)
FGS 2013 Ambassadors
I'm excited to launch the FGS 2013 Ambassadors program today.
Genealogy bloggers, societies, writers and editors are invited to become FGS 2013 Ambassadors. Ambassadors help to spread information about the FGS 2013 Conference through social media to their friends, colleagues, and everyone interested in genealogy.
There are some great benefits of becoming an FGS 2013 Ambassador:
- Giveaways for active ambassadors, including conference registrations and discounts, special event tickets, and more.
- Potential to be guest blogger on FGS Conference Blog.
- Link to your blog or website on the FGS Conference blog’s Ambassador Page
- Part of Twitter list of FGS 2013 Ambassadors.
- Ambassador badge ribbon at the conference.
Visit https://www.fgsconference.org/media/ambassadors/ to learn more, register as an FGS 2013 Ambassador, find the FGS 2013 Ambassador badge to add to your blog or other social media account.
I look forward to seeing everyone in Fort Wayne this August and hope that many of you will become FGS 2013 Ambassadors.
Learn More about FGS 2013 and Stay Connected
· Visit the conference website at http://www.fgsconference.org.
· Find the latest news on the conference blog at http://www.fgsconferenceblog.com.
· Like the conference on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/FGSconference.
· Follow the conference on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/FGSconference and hashtag #FGS2013.