John Suckling was born circa 1787 in Grimston, Norfolk, England. He was the son of William Suckling and Martha Gapp. John marred Jemima Elvey on 15 April 1812 in Great Bircham, Norfolk, England. Jemima was born 2 March 1791 in Great Bircham to John Elvey and Anne Dial.
John and Jemima lived in Congham and Grimston, Norfolk, England. John died there on 14 November 1864 from apoplexy. Jemima moved back to Great Bircham and died there on 20 April 1880.
John Suckling and Jemima Elvey had 5 children:
- Henry Suckling (circa 1813-1899) married Hannah Williamson (circa 1815-1882).
- John Elvey Suckling (1817-1904) married Caroline Rice (1822-1902).
- Jemima Suckling (circa 1820 - ?) married John Hill (circa 1815-1896).
- Ann Suckling (circa 1821 - 1889) married Philip Kendall (circa 1814 - ?).
- Harriet Suckling (circa 1824 - 1895) married William George Goddard (circa 1831 - 1903).